..... is to significantly contribute to the prevention and cure of melanoma in Australia.
..... is to raise funds to be directed towards the support of competitive research that will yield direct benefits to melanoma sufferers and towards community activities to reduce the incidence of melanoma through enhanced awareness and prevention.
1. To provide funding for improving care and treatment of people affected by malignant melanoma.
2. To provide funding for research in clinical and laboratory environments.
3. To promote translation of the information obtained from all avenues of related investigations.
4. To be a national leader in funding of research, education and training for melanoma cancer treatments.
5. To raise awareness of the Australian Melanoma Research Foundation brand.
6. To increase the level of support and information available to all people affected by melanoma, by the provision of a freely accessible Support Nurse Service.
It is our hope that striving for these objectives will lead to:
- a better understanding of the immune system,
- a better understanding of how treatments work through the immune system,
- the development and effective use of less-toxic melanoma treatments,
- the development of more-effective melanoma vaccines,
- reduced cost of treatments, and
- translation of our sponsored research to other types of cancer.